26 August 2006

A good day

This is an amazing picture, and precious to me beyond words. A bit of background: I never knew either of my grandfathers, they died before I was even born. The male link to the family past that they represented was severed.
Yet here we see FOUR generations, little Max, his father Tony, his grandfather Ward, and his great-grandfather Eber. This is, to me, a memory beyond price. No matter what the future brings, the memory of that day is one to be treasured.

This is written in a hotel room more than a thousand miles from the spot of this family gathering. I know that it is possible that we will never again all be together on this earth. And while Heaven will be wonderful, that day provided a small glimpse of it. God is good, and that day was just one of the many blessings He's given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.