07 January 2007

Today's Reading - Jan 07

A continuation of a Through-the-Bible in a year postings

Morning Genesis Chapters 18 and 19
More of our legacy of faith, these chapters start by a visit from, I believe a pre-incarnate Christ to Abram, go on to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and show the origins of the Moabite and Ammonite nations in Lot's drunken incest.



Evening The Gospel of Matthew Chapter 6
Continuing in the Sermon on the Mount, passages so rich in meaning that it is difficult to point to one in particular. But I'll try == verse 33 has particular personal meaning for me: ''33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.''

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.