09 April 2007

Today's Reading April 9

Good morning. I hope that your Easter was as wonderful as ours.
-
This morning's reading, from the Old Testament, begins the Book of First Samuel, chapters 1, 2, and 3. As we saw often in the Judges, the People of God had a continual preference to go astray (sound familiar?) and suffered the consequences. Now we start down the path to a King. I love Hannah's prayer in Chapter 2, it reminds me of Mary's prayer.
.
This afternoon's reading, from the New Testament, is taken from the Gospel of Luke, chapter 12, verses 1 through 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.