13 February 2008

Note for February 14 and 15, 2008

I will be flying out in the early early morning and am not scheduled to return until Friday evening late. This is a long trip with a layover and flight back. I do not know if this is a door the Lord intends us to walk through, or simply a window to look through for some reason, or if He has some other purpose afoot. Having known so much disappointment, so many broken promises, it is hard to know what to hope for.
Yet my one true love and I went to a Valentine's Day potluck at our little church tonight, and enjoyed it immensely. If it comes to pass that we pull up stakes and move again, I will miss these people, these people who have become friends in the last year. We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary this summer. In that time, we have lived in more than a dozen places, in four states, two time zones, and more zip codes than I can recall. We truly do understand a great deal of the life of Abraham and Sarah. So we will see.

I just a short while ago got my travel itinerary and have to rush to pack and get a few hours' of sleep. This must be brief, which is a bad thing, as this is very important reading.
For Thursday, Leviticus chapters 18 and 19 in the morning, Matthew chapter 27, verses 32-66
the Crucifixion, death, and burial of Jesus. The most somber moment I can imagine. And yet, without it, the rest makes no sense.


For Friday, Leviticus chapters 20 and 21 in the morning, Matthew chapter 28 in the evening.
The Resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. We are truly appreciative.
    As I told my class Sunday, it's quite clear that I'm not driving this bus. I don't know where it's going, but I have to trust the Driver.
    I would be nice to know, I won't even pretend otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.