20 January 2018

UPDATE Saturday, 20 January 2018

Yay!!
We have WATER!!!!!
Yay! 
Believe me, after the best part of 3 weeks without water, we are VERY grateful!  God is SO good!

===========================================

A friend of a friend came by earlier.  After he spent an hour or two wriggling around under our hovel, he located the leak, repaired it, and we seem to be OK. At least for now.   Lord willing, it will hold.

Now, while doing all that, we were able to smell gas  (well, the additive they put in to enable detection) near where the line enters our place.  So ....  another call to the gas company.  NOT what we wanted, but it is what it is.

Tomorrow is Sunday.  Lord willing, I'll be able to attend for the first time in weeks -- last week services were cancelled due to the unsafe road conditions and the week before our condition was just not up to it.  Lord willing, I'll be able to attend, finally.

And then ......  I got word a few days ago that an old friend's daughter is in the area for her once-a-year  (or less) visit.  There's to be a "get-together" in early afternoon (2 p.m.) and the family has invited us.  I was friends with her parents before she was born, and she and her sisters always considered me  to be like an older brother.   So my hope and desire is to be able to be there.  But we shall see.

====================================================
=======================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.