23 August 2019

Today''s Readings and Stuff -- Friday, 23 August 2019

Well, we shall try for Friday.  Yesterday's original post vanished into The Great Beyond, for reasons I can not begin to fathom.  Ah, well.

Had another run Across The Line into Pennsyltucky to get another medicine refill for Wife.  Came home and had lunch, and was then advised that there is yet another awaiting pickup there.  She's good on that one through Monday, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow.  Today was the fourth consecutive day I'd braved the nitwits of PENNDOT and their idiotic traffic light schemes, and I just don't feel like doing it twice in one day.


Sometimes, when things are weighing on your mind, some encouragement from the past nudges your awareness.  This song is  one that I'd helped to participate in, while part of music ministries in larger venues in several states.

My Help/   Yes, indeed.  All of my help comes from the Lord.   Yours too. David said in in the Psalms, and many others have seconded that throughout the centuries and miles.  It hasn't changed.  And it won't.

I will lift up mine eyes to the hills From whence cometh my help My help cometh from the Lord The Lord which made Heaven and earth He said He will not suffer thy foot Thy foot to be moved, The Lord that keepeth thee He will not slumber nor sleep For the Lord is thy keeper The Lord is thy shade Upon thy right hand, Upon thy right hand No, the sun shall not smite thee by day Not the moon by night He shall preserve thy soul Even forevermore My help, my help, my help All of my help cometh from the Lord I will lift up mine eyes to the hills From whence cometh my help My help cometh from the Lord The Lord which made Heaven and earth He said He will not suffer thy foot Thy foot to be moved, The Lord that keepeth thee He will not slumber nor sleep For the Lord is thy keeper The Lord is thy shade Upon thy right hand, Upon thy right hand No, the sun shall not smite thee by day Not the moon by night He shall preserve thy soul Even forevermore My help, my help, my help All of my help cometh from the Lord For the Lord is thy keeper The Lord is thy shade Upon thy right hand , Upon thy right hand No, the sun shall not smite thee by day Not the moon by night He shall preserve thy soul Even forevermore My help My help My help All of my help cometh from the Lord My help My help My help All of my help cometh from the Lord My help My help My help All of my help cometh from the Lord Lift up mine eyes, Unto the hills I will lift up mine eyes to the hills From whence cometh my help I will keep my eyes on you Lord Won't look to the left, I wont look to the right I stay focused on you Jesus My help My help My help All of my help cometh from the Lord Oooooohh Yes Jesus All of my help From whence cometh my help

As we used to say, "If that don't light your fire, your wood's wet!".

==============================

Job 27

1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
2As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
4My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
5God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
6My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
7Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
8For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?
9Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
10Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
11I will teach you by the hand of God: that which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.
12Behold, all ye yourselves have seen it; why then are ye thus altogether vain?
13This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, which they shall receive of the Almighty.
14If his children be multiplied, it is for the sword: and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
15Those that remain of him shall be buried in death: and his widows shall not weep.
16Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay;
17He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.
18He buildeth his house as a moth, and as a booth that the keeper maketh.
19The rich man shall lie down, but he shall not be gathered: he openeth his eyes, and he is not.
20Terrors take hold on him as waters, a tempest stealeth him away in the night.
21The east wind carrieth him away, and he departeth: and as a storm hurleth him out of his place.
22For God shall cast upon him, and not spare: he would fain flee out of his hand.
23Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.



Job 28

1Surely there is a vein for the silver, and a place for gold where they fine it.
2Iron is taken out of the earth, and brass is molten out of the stone.
3He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection: the stones of darkness, and the shadow of death.
4The flood breaketh out from the inhabitant; even the waters forgotten of the foot: they are dried up, they are gone away from men.
5As for the earth, out of it cometh bread: and under it is turned up as it were fire.
6The stones of it are the place of sapphires: and it hath dust of gold.
7There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:
8The lion's whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it.
9He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots.
10He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing.
11He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.
12But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?
13Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living.
14The depth saith, It is not in me: and the sea saith, It is not with me.
15It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof.
16It cannot be valued with the gold of Ophir, with the precious onyx, or the sapphire.
17The gold and the crystal cannot equal it: and the exchange of it shall not be for jewels of fine gold.
18No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.
19The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold.
20Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?
21Seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the fowls of the air.
22Destruction and death say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears.
23God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
24For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
25To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
26When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
27Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.
28And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.



==========================

Psalm 148

1Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
2Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
3Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
4Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
5Let them praise the name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created.
6He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.
7Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:
8Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word:
9Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:
10Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:
11Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth:
12Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:
13Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
14He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.




----===========================

A new page is turned today.

Ephesians 1

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.