22 July 2020

Today's (brief) Readings and Stuff -- Wednesday, 22 July 2020

I really miss the desktop computer.  MUCH easier to do some serious stuff on.  After 40-some years (and typewriters before that), having a real keyboard just fits.  But we persevere.
Been a weird week so far.  I spent much of today running errands.  When not so involved, I was pulling weeds in the garden.  Yesterday, tied up with doctor appointment, for me as it happens.  No biggie, but it eats up much time, effort and attention.  Spent most of remainder pulling weeds and "watching" the great-nephew while his parents were off on their own errands.
We'd planned some other stuff around our home repairs, but that has hit a snag.  We had had a plan of action, until we discovered far more hidden damage than expected, so a "budgetary shortfall" has hit.  So there's a pause as we regroup and wait for a refill of the account several weeks hence.  Plenty we can do in the interim so we'll adjust our plan of attack.  Not a catastrophe, just a delay.  

Song of the week now.  The "back stories" and memories associated with many of these are striking and often quite meaningful. It's a field of study all on its own.  About 27 years ago, we were sitting in a church near Knoxville Tennessee when a member came up on the platform and sang this.  His wife of many years had just passed after a long struggle.  He sang "I Believe In A Hill Called Mount Calvary".  I'd never heard it before, but Don B. poured his heart into it, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place, including his.  So the song, and the memory, mean much to me.  Look it up, perhsps you will love it also.
========////
These readings are important.  Not that any aren't.  

===//////
2nd Chronicles 33
2nd Chronicles 34

======////

Psalm 125

=======////

1st Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.