19 December 2021

Brief -- Sunday, 19 December 2021

Very brief.

This has been a rough day in a hectic week.  
In the pre-dawn dark, we (Wife) got A Call.  Her sister and sister's husband had been hit hard with the COVID-19 and been essentially bed-ridden for days.  Lisa woke to find Jim not breathing.  She called 911 and attempted CPR, but to no avail.  Yes, he passed.  We got up, went next door.  Wife's niece, the daughter of the deceased, taking it very badly, was going to go over, meet mother at hospital, etc. , to be joined by husband as soon as he got off from his 12 hour night shift.  So Wife and I to stay with the kids.  
I sent word I wouldn't be at church services, not much else of a choice.  
Not been a good day.  The phones, social media, etc. have been active all day.
 Worst is that neither were/are believers.  I had hoped to be able to persuade them to change. Failed.  Which weighs heavy on me.  And should.

So, rough day.
Doesn't help that sister-in-law's birthday is a week from now, on Christmas day.  This will certainly affect the thoughts of many for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.