26 May 2007

Reading for May 25

Sorry for the delay. Exigent circumstances and all that.

Morning reading from First Chronicles, chapters 14,15, and 16
Some recounts of the early reign of David, and the movement of the Ark of the Covenant. I love the account of the celebration attached to this. A great number of people are named there, people who were deeply involved in every part of this. They were there because God Himself wanted them there, none were there accidentally. And, thousands of years later, their names are remembered. God has not forgotten them, and He doesn't forget us either. Question: are we as excited, as committed, as they were?

Evening reading from the Gospel of John, chapter 9, verses 24 through 41

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

I love that verse, and not only because of the best-loved song ''Amazing Grace'' but also because it is part of the testimony of many of us. I truly don't understand all the deep theology of Salvation. I don't, and probably in this life never will. And I don't need to - there's no test. What I do know is that He came into my life, and now things are different. And that is what is important. The rest will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.