23 May 2007

Today's Reading May 23

Today is my 200th post here. Not a record, surely, but some sort of milestone.

Morning reading, from the Old Testament, is First Chronicles, chapters 8,9, and 10
I know that the list of names, the begats, the places of dwelling, can get a bit tedious. But these were real people with real lives. And the LORD knew them all by name. He knows my name too, which is a comfort when the world threatens to overwhelm us, to stamp us down into the dust to be forgotten. God does not forget.



Evening reading, from the New Testament, is from the Gospel of John, chapter 8, verses 37 through 59.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Get that? Recall that name for Almighty God as revealed to Moses? Right. I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.