26 July 2007

Re all the traveling

My ''love affair'' with Alabama drivers is continuing. I realize that we will always have those who regard the speed limit signs as being a benchmark of opportunity. But yesterday morning I was passed by a convoy of three vehicles, all WELL in excess of the posted limit, and ALL bearing tags identifying them as the property of the state of Alabama. Civil 'servants' driving at illegal speeds, in other words. Last night I very nearly got rear-ended on I-65 by an aggressive high-speed tailgater, also driving a car with state government tags. I guess the laws are only binding on regular citizens. Clearly, neither common courtesy or adherence to the law or safe driving practices are requirements for state jobs. I'd be surprised, but I've seen the same in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Michigan, Tennessee, and Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.