23 July 2007

Today's Reading July 23

Good morning.
This morning we take up Psalms 38, 39, and 40.
David, and the other psalmists as well, essentially wrote these out of his own experiences. When he spoke of his enemies, he knew whereof he spoke. When he spoke of the blessings, love, mercies, and forgiveness of the Lord, he had some experience with that as well. Many of us have.
You will probably find some things here that resonate in your own life. I have.
For me personally,

Chapter 40
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

He is worthy to be praised.
----------- --------------
This eventing we turn to the Acts chapter 23, verses 12 through 35.
The matter continues to play out. These schemers, hoping to murder Paul, are setting in motion the events that will take Paul to Rome, exactly where the Lord wants him, and the Roman government ends up paying the fare! Meanwhile, the plots and schemes of the plotters are frustrated. I wonder if they learned anything from the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.