03 August 2007

Today's Reading August 02

This is being post-dated, mainly just to maintain some continuity. I rolled out of bed at 0320 to get to the airport by 0450 to catch a 0615 flight, the first leg of an air travel ordeal that reminds me why I hate flying. The trip home was worse - our 2-hour layover in Charlotte was closer to 5 hours - good old US Airways, the former 'Agony Airlines' - managed to lose the flight crew for our final hop. Right. Couldn't find them. They actually had to wake up a crew held in reserve and warm them up. Result was that it was pushing midnight before I got home.
---- ---------------
-----------
The day's reading in the Old Testament, Psalms 68 and 69


Chapter 69
1 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.
4 They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.
John 15:25
5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
7 Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.
8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

============ =========
In the New Testament, Romans 3
Here is what we hold to be true, in a concentrated form
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.