20 December 2007

Brief word Dec 2, 2007 Possible Relocation

There will be a bit of disarray here over the next few weeks. How much and all of that, is yet to be determined, but there will certainly be some.
We will be traveling all next week. Our older daughter, Ashley, will be getting married to her high school sweetheart, Brian. So, on Christmas Eve, as early as possible but certainly no earlier than noon, we will embark on a 10- or 12- hour long drive up out of LA (Lower Alabama) to The Event of The Decade. Our younger, Sarah, will be a bridesmaid. I am not really ready to hand over my little girl to this guy. But I think they'll do well; such is my daily and fervent prayer. And I've already given the ''If you make her cry, I'll make you cry'' speech. And meant it.
Then, on the following morning, we have to jump back in the car and make the same trip back so that my beloved can be at work on Monday. Since she's the only one bringing in a paycheck, that's sort of important.
Oh, and we'll evidently do all of this in a 9-year-old car whose 'Check Engine'' light has been on for a few weeks; but we lack the funds to have it checked or fixed. Some people at the church kicked in and donated what will be the gasoline to make the trip. May God bless them all richly.

And there is another possible change.
I was told this afternoon that the official job offer letter, the one that is now two weeks overdue, should be coming through any time. The words were, ''You are the guy they want''. The pay is a sticking point, and the company's product line is in sudden and huge demand to repair the damage from the ice storms that have been hitting much of the MidWest.
Anyway, it appears likely that we will be moving, soon. The choreography of it, assuming it really does happen, is as yet undetermined.
God really is in charge, and He really does have a plan. I just have no idea what it is.
As a result, things may be a bit scattered and uneven.

2 comments:

  1. God bless. I'm glad to here you will get an offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have been told virtually every day for the last two weeks that ''today for sure. Or maybe tomorrow''. That's what I was told, yet again, yesterday. Yesterday morning, in fact, when I spoke with the Executive Recruiter ('headhunter') who has been filling a role not unlike that of a marriage broker in this whole thing. He'd just spoken with this contacts and they told him ''he's our guy, we want him. We just need two signatures on the offer letter and they've both agreed''. Which is what I was told, what I told my beloved, what I posted.
    That was yesterday morning. It is now Friday, almost 5:30 Central Time, and there has been no word.
    Meanwhile, next week we undertake two 700-odd mile trips (to and from) the state of Arkansas, and during that time my wife has an interview herself for a job in that very town. But we NEED to know WHEN all this occurs. Need to.And so, people in several states are up in the air because we are waiting for an e-mail and/or a 4 or 5 minute phone call.
    Our stress level is off the charts and has been.
    And, tonight, my beloved, is working as a restaurant manager so we can eat. She will work, again, a 12-hour shift and be paid for 8 of them. For the 7th day in a row. And she will not only be the manager, she will be the cook and she will stay behind for 3-1/2 hours after closing to clean the grills and fryers and all, by herself, in order to ''cut labor costs'' and make the top dog look good. And we are in no situation to complain.
    I trust God. I believe in Him. But there are a lot of times that I do wish He could find a way to accomplish His purposes that was easier on the ones I love too.

    ReplyDelete

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.