21 December 2007

Liberty! Liberty!

I'm not a professional writer. (you could probably guess that, right?) But it's nice to read the work of those who are. One such has come by my nose.
I have not declared my preference in the upcoming elections, even the primaries. I normally support the Republican candidate, but not always. The fun part is now, during the primaries. Again, I've not voiced my support of anyone, though there are those I will actively oppose no matter who the Democrat Party nominee is. The two I will never support and always oppose are Rudy Giuliani and John McCain. I won't get into it here.
While I'm not a supporter, I find the Ron Paul campaign interesting, if only for the heated opposition it has drawn. Odd that many of his positions, ones that are historically in the mainstream across the entire nation, and certainly in the Republican Party, are now jeered as downright evil, by Republicans. By my lights, he's certainly closer to the Republican tradition than Statist serial adulterers like Rudy Giuliani.
Comes now one John Derbyshire over at the National Review site, who is actively backing Ron Paul, and being very public as to his reasons for that. And, thus, his article (which in turn links to others) is contained over at the NRO site under that title of ''Liberty! Liberty!''. Go over there, read the article, follow the links. Then sit and think about it awhile. Then read them all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.