25 December 2007

Merry Christmas

We made the long long drive and got in late last night. It was a 640 mile long drive, about, and was by no means all on the Interstates. And there are some long stretches of highway that show no human activity at all, outside of the roads themselves.
We spent the morning just sleeping in hopes of recovery, and spent the afternoon and evening with his extended family in several places. It was, to say the least, interesting.
I am using a borrowed computer to post this, and am in no situation to make my regular Bible postings until we get back home. I have a loose agreement to meet briefly with a former pastor of ours while we are here, and I desperately need a word from him.
Please pray for us. This episode has only accentuated my feelings of anomie. I've gone through some areas that we once called home, and it's as if I am looking at strangers acting out some ritual theater whose purpose is foreign to me. I need some 'Joy of the Lord' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.