14 January 2008

Update

For the benefit of a few people who have been inquiring privately, it appears that the potential move to southern Arkansas will not happen. After 5 weeks of being told twice a week or so that the offer was being prepared, that ''you're the guy'', or ''they're supposed to call you today or tomorrow morning at the latest'', including last Thursday around noon, I got a call late this morning to the effect of 'no' .

My thanks and regrets to those who contacted me privately. It would appear that God has other plans, and we are - with some strong sense of need - awaiting His plan to be revealed. It would be nice if it were to happen very soon. My wife is lying on the couch near me now, with a case of pneumonia and sinus infection. We have no insurance, no money, and things are not good. I believe in miracles and in God's provision, but now would be a good time for it to appear.

Even my on-line application to Wal-Mart bounced. I am not sure how they have managed to create a situation wherein a password must be created, and be permitted, but when used we are told that it doesn't fit the required format that was heretofore secret. Quite an accomplishment, really.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terribly sorry to hear the bad news. At least it seems bad, but I think I can safely say, having read your blog for some time now, that you recognize His hand in this, even if not understanding why. You and your family are being tried severely. You're in my prayers. I'll pray for your wife's health as well. Ironically, I've been pretty well whacked by a respiratory virus for the past week, doctor told me today, it'll last from a week to a month, depending on how your body responds. Said it's been going around, he's seen lots of people with it - including his father and his brother. Doc's my cousin, so he shared those details with me.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.