27 March 2007

Today's Reading March 27, 2007

Good morning
Posting is going to be very light for the next few days. I received word an hour ago that my mother is in the process of entering the presence of the Lord. I will, probably, set out later today on a thousand-mile journey from Lower Alabama up to the far northeast corner of Ohio and will be considerably out of pocket for the next week.
Please keep my father in prayer - they were married in June of 1948 and that's a long companionship whose break is a terrible blow.
--

This mornings portion of the Old Testament is taken from Joshua, chapters 19 and 20. This is the final of the apportioning of the Promised Land to the Israelites. It makes a lot more sense if you have access to a good topographical map. Every tribe, and every family within that tribe, had its own assigned region and land.

The evening's reading, from the New Testament, is taken from the Gospel of Luke, chapter 5, verses 17 through 39. There's a lot in this passage, but I particularly love the image of the men, desperate to bring their friend to Jesus, went up on the rooftop of the house and let him down, on a litter (suspended by ropes I imagine). They would do extraordinary things to bring their friend to Jesus.
Question: what are we willing to do to bring the lost to Christ? How many obstacles are we willing to overcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.