25 April 2007

A Personal Bleg 25 April 2007

I was officially/unofficially advised yesterday that my relations with my current employer are about to cease, probably today. I will not go into the internal dynamics of the organization or detail in any other way what's really leading to all of this, but I can honestly say I've done my very best for the organization and wish it well. There are some good people there and some good products, but I have not been able to find a way to make the kind of improvements that they said they wanted while at the same time not making any changes, something they have an institutional resistance to. Attempts to do so have evidently stepped on some toes.

However, I will be job hunting starting now. After 20-some years in a variety of positions that essentially mean engineering activities in support of manufacturing, I am looking at alternatives. Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome and invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.