24 April 2007

Today April 24

This is a two item posting. Taking things in reverse order of importance, I am asking for prayers for my family and I. Rumor has unofficially reached me that my employment may be ending soon, perhaps even today. The reasons for this are beyond the scope of this discussion, involving business levels, internal politics, and a host of other factors. This, if true, is something that I can scarcely handle after the events of the last 3 years. Please keep us in prayer.
.
This morning's reading, from the Old Testament, continues in 2nd Samuel, chapters 10, 11, and 12. David defeats the Syrians again (sounds like modern times), sees Bathsheba, arranges the death of Uriah her husband, has a child by her who dies, and then has Solomon by her. And much else besides - this is a passage with a lot in it.
.
This evening's passage, from the New Testament, continues in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 19, verses 29 through 48. Jesus enters Jerusalem in triumph, a Palm Sunday record, and throws the moneychangers out of the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.