01 April 2007

Today's Reading April 1 and other news

I apologize for the light posting over the last few days. In a few hours, we will be laying my mother to rest in the plot out behind the church I grew up in. We spent last night at the calling hours, seeing family members that I had not seen in upwards of 30 years. So blogging has not been uppermost in my mind lately.

Yet this is Palm Sunday, the beginning of the most momentous week in history. And it is because of Easter, the reality of the death and glorious resurrection of our Lord, that even hard weeks like this are possible to endure. Not easy, but possible. We do not despair, and we know that the death of the body is not the end.

This morning's reading, from the Old Testament, is chapters 6 and 7 of the book of the Judges. The Gideon account.

This evening's reading, from the New Testament, is Luke 8, verses 1 through 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.