01 May 2007

Today's Reading May 01

This morning's reading, from the Old Testament, comes from First Kings, chapters 1 and 2. Samuel has died, and David is at the end of his life. Now come the succession issues. Having multiple wives and therefore a multiplcity of claimants for the throne has never been a good thing, and here you see some of the reasons why it is not a good thing. Solomon wins out. As per David, some old scores are settled very early in his reign, others take a little while.
,
The evening reading comes from the Gospel of Luke, chapter 22, verses 54 through 71.
Jesus has been arrested in the garden, everyone fled. And at the house of the high pries, Peter denies Christ, 3 times.

60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

Verse 62 always gets me. I too have denied the Lord, yet He has forgiven me. I take it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.