03 May 2007

Today's Reading May 03

As we continue the journey
By the way, have you noticed how far we've come in only a few months, with just a few minutes' reading each day?
This morning's passage from the Old Testament continue in the book of First Kings, chapters 6 and 7. Solomon is at last building the Temple in Jerusalem, what we refer to as the First Temple. There is quite a lot of detail here, and since the Temple is believed to be a representation of Heaven, there is significance to everything. I don't understand all of it, and on this side of Glory it's possible that I never will. But I know that the details are important, because God ordained them.
A great section is in the middle of it all:

11 And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying,
12 Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes, and execute my judgments, and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father:
13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.


The evening's reading is from the Gospel of Luke chapter 23, verses 27 through 38
This is not easy reading, this is Luke's account of the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior. I never take it lightly and no one should. This is the most important period in all history. Without the Cross, we have nothing but dust and ashes. Without the Cross, there is no Atonement and no Resurrection either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.