04 May 2007

Today's Reading May 04

Firstly, I am remiss in not making mention yesterday of the annual event known as the National Day of Prayer. That was my failure. While indeed we all ought to pray without ceasing, it's not a bad idea to make this an annual observance as an encouragement and as a reminder. I really think that nothing good comes without prayer and I have seen prayer work miracles in people's lives.
-
Today's Old Testament reading continues in First Kings, chapters 8 and 9. This is first of all about the dedication of the Temple that Solomon has had built. Good stuff in here, I do wish I'd been there.

8:10 And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the LORD,
11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.

Must have been something!
Much here also about the prayers offered that day.
Chapter 9 deals with some other issues Solomon had going. I'm not convinced that all of them served as proof of his wisdom.

.
The evening New Testament portion continues in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 23, verses 39 through 56. The final stage of the crucifixion. This includes the marvellous account of the thief on the cross. Even at the end of life, there is hope for those who call upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.