05 August 2007

Today's Reading August 05

Good morning. around 07:30 here. No rain -- we are still in a severe drought here.

This morning we get into Psalms 75, 76, and 77. More of the desperate cries of one who needs the Lord. All of us do, but sometimes we forget that, until circumstances remind us.

Chapter 77
1 I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5 I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
7 Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?
8 Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?
9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.
10 And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
11 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14 Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.


This evening we turn to chapter 6 of the Paul's Epistle to the Romans. Romans is a very significant book in Christianity, you don't have to go very far to see that. Romans 6 builds throughout, but concludes with a memorable phrase,
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Do you believe that? I do. That, my friends, is Good News. That is the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.