10 August 2007

Today's Reading August 10

Happy Friday.
This morning we look at Psalms 88 and 89.
Psalm 88 is noted in one of my Bibles as being a psalm of the sons of Korah.
When we are in trouble and distress, we cry out to the Lord. Why not? Where else could we, should we go? When we need help and comfort, should we not go to the One can is both willing and able? thus

Chapter 88
1 O lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
2 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;
3 For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.
Now, note something here. He hasn't cried to the Lord just once and 'POOF' it's all better now. Sometimes we wish that would be the case, and sometimes it is, but the Lord of the Universe is just that, and not a waiter in a restaurant.

Psalm 89 is noted as ''a contemplation of Ethan the Ezrahite''.
This is a praise Psalm, a good one. A pastor of ours once told us that a good thing to do is to pray Scripture, and a good place to start is in the Psalms. This one would be a good one to use. See how it starts out,
1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

and it ends with
52 Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.

that would, by the way, be a good way to end all of our prayers. 'Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy Name' is quite all right.

======== ==========
Romans chapter 10.
This is, like all of Romans, just chock-full of Good Stuff.
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Deut 30:14
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Isa 28:16
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Joel 2:32
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Isa 52:7
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Isa 53:1
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Do you believe that? I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.