09 May 2007

Today May 09

Today is a tough one.
We have just a short while ago received word that my mother-in-law has passed away. Since my mother passed away just 6 weeks ago, this is a double blow. What makes it even more difficult are some things that come with it
- my job was eliminated about 10 days ago and we were already in a financial bind. We do not have the money to make another 2000=mile trip for another funeral
- my daughter was able to accompany us last time as her home was on the way. But she moved since then and her new home is about a 500-mile detour. And the job she was promised as part of the move did not materialize, so she has no traveling money either.
- Rhoda, my mother-in-law had never given any evidence of a real Christian relationship. She was at best a nominal Episcopalian but hadn't darkened the door of a church in at least 15 years and very little before then. So that's an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.