26 June 2007

Today's Reading June 26

We continue in the book of Job, chapters 7, 8, 9
Job is tough reading sometimes. Comments that I've received, both those posted and those not, confirm that it's not just me. We all have questions, many of which boil down to ''why??''. Why me, Lord? Why did my dog die? or my mother? my wife? why did my employer close down and leave us without an income? why the cancer? why did my husband leave? why?
And the sad fact is, there is no one answer. I believe with all my heart that the Lord can use any person and any circumstance for His glory. I believe with all of my heart that He loves His children no matter what the circumstances. And I believe that He is good all the time, even when the circumstance aren't. And, perhaps, that will have to do.
This passage in Job continues his discourse with his ''helpful'' friends. Like many of us, they make the assumption that whatever ill has befallen him is his own fault. In this case, we saw the early part of the story and we know that's not the case. They don't know that.

-

Acts chapter 7 , verses 44 through 60
The final act of Steven. He finishes his speech, and the 'reward' is to be the first martyr of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.