29 June 2007

Today's Reading June 29

This morning we continue in Job. Tough reading, isn't it? I think that this account is familiar, all of us have been there - the world crashes down on us. [and if it hasn't happened yet, it will]. Yet Job hangs on.
Today we cover chapters 16, 17, and 18. Job speaks here too of those who come to visit the afflicted, and make the matter worse. Sound familiar?

2 I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
3 Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?
4 I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.
5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.


--
This evening the portion is from the Acts, chapter 9, verses 1 through 22. This is the story of Saul of Tarsus, who in the passage encounters the Lord, and is now known as Paul, whose writings comprise a large portion of the New Testament.
We go from
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
and ends with
22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to comment.
I am free to moderate, and I do. Profane, lewd, and unlawful comments will be sent to the Great Beyond, never to be seen again. I reserve all rights to do so for any and all reasons and whims.